The Online Source For Kosher Information
|HOME||•||KASHRUS Magazine||•||Kosher Alerts||•||Advertiser Services||•||Subscriber Services||•||Subscribe||•||Contact Us|
5768-2008 Passover Guide
Pesach Foods & Wines, Seder, Erev Peasach on Shabbos, Bedikas Chometz
|Plus: Copepods, Honey, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fish, "Shabbos Lite" Health Foods|
First 6 Items in Passover Consumer Alert -Passover Alerts
1. Empire Chicken Breast Nuggets and Breaded Chicken Tenders (2 lb. and 4 lb. bags) have erroneously been labeled between August 16 through October 2007, as being KAJ-KP (Kosher For Passover). The product contains chometz (bread crumbs) and must be used before Pesach. Empire has initiated a recall from store shelves.
2. Raysheet Chianti (2004), Raysheet Rosso di Toscana (2004, 2005), Bianco di Toscana (2005), Rosso Relativo Toscana (2005) (products of Nobile Prima Wine Company, Empoli, Italy) bear an unauthorized “OU-P” symbol (unless affixed with an “OU” holograph sticker) and are being withdrawn from the marketplace.
3. In late spring of 2007, Tibuli Spices and Seasonings (Tibuli Inc., Miami, FL) bore a Kosher For Passover sticker. These products are “OU”-certified, but the “OU” does not stand behind the Kosher For Passover status, as some varieties contain kitniyos. Future Passover productions will be properly labeled. Verify before using for Passover.
4. Chazeh Barvad Meyuvash (Colber Co., France; imported by KP Imports, Ashdod) bears a claim to be kosher for Pesach certified by Badatz Lyon and to have the ishur of the Chief Rabbinate of Israel. The Rabbinate does not give an ishur.
5. Manischewitz Tam Tam Crackers—Whole Grain Garden Herb (R.A.B. Food Group, LLC., Jersey City, NJ) is not being made this year. If found, they are properly labeled “OU-P-Kosher For Passover” despite the listing of “Passover Whole Wheat Flour” as an ingredient. In fact, the company is using Passover Matzo Meal, not flour. After the matzo is baked, it is mixed with cottonseed oil in the making of the Tam Tams. This product is gebroks.
6. F.M.V. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, in 12 oz. bags, distributed by Inter-American products with a sell date of Sept 07 2008 only, was erroneously labeled “OK-P”. The product is “OK Pareve” but is NOT kosher for Pesach.
THERE ARE 68 MORE ALERTS IN KASHRUS MAGAZINE'S 2008 PASSOVER GUIDE. ORDER HERE OR CALL 718-336-8544.
When Erev Pesach Comes On Shabbos by Rabbi Yosef Wikler -
|All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced, photocopied, stored on a retrieval system, or transmitted without the express written consent of the publisher or the authors.|